Call for Papers - Lausanne 2012
2012 EuroCHRIE Conference in Lausanne, Switzerland
Dates of Conference: 25-27th October 2012
** In response to request, the deadline for abstracts submission has been extended to the 2nd of March
We are looking forward to welcoming you to the EuroCHRIE 2012 conference, "Hospitality for a Better World", to be held in the beautiful and historic city of Lausanne, Switzerland.
The conference host, the Ecole hoteliére de Lausanne, has developed a conference programme that will showcase high quality multi-disciplinary hospitality research, stimulate academic debate and provide unique networking opportunities amongst our large, international EuroCHRIE family. Of course, there will also be time to enjoy the sites of Lausanne and the culinary delights it has to offer.
Call for papers: "Hospitality for a Better World"
EuroCHRIE 2012 invites hospitality and tourism educators, students, and professionals to submit papers for EuroCHRIE Congress to be held Lausanne, Switzerland, 25-27th October 2012. There will be a variety of formats for presenting/discussing papers (presentations, round tables, etc) and leading journals will consider the best papers for publication.
TracksEuroCHRIE has three tracks: full papers, short papers, and poster sessions.
Full paper sessions should be research-based (conceptual or empirical) and meet the general standards of research journals in the hospitality and tourism field. A 20 minute presentation will be scheduled for full paper sessions. Full papers will automatically be entered into the competition for the Best Paper designation.
Short paper sessions should reflect current practice, preliminary research, or interesting ideas in the hospitality and tourism industry or hospitality and tourism education. Case studies are especially welcomed. A 10 minute presentation will be scheduled for short paper sessions.
Poster sessions should reflect in-progress projects or projects of a smaller scope in hospitality and tourism. Traditionally, poster sessions are less formal and invite greater interaction than either full papers or working paper sessions.
Review Process and Timetable
The review process has four stages (dates noted):
- submission of a 500-word abstract (by 26 February 2012)
- notification of outcome (by 23 March 2012)
- if the abstract is accepted, submission of the complete paper (by 20 May 2012)
- review of the complete paper with suggested revisions (by 2 July 2012 )
- submission of final, revised paper with an abstract of no more than 120 words (by 26 August 2012)
Subthemes with Possible Topics
- Sustainable Development
- Business and Research Ethics
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Catering, Restaurant, Food & Beverage
- Service Quality
- Environmental Issues and Climate Change
- Human Resources
- Organisational Behaviour
- Education and Training
- Information Technology and e-Business
- Finance & Economics
- Operations Management
- Tourism Planning & Development
- Destination Management
- Regional Development
- Alternative Forms of Travel, Tourism & Hospitality
Specifications for Preliminary Abstracts
The abstract is the key to gaining preliminary acceptance, but does not guarantee that the full paper will be accepted. The abstract should show evidence of careful and logical thought, the relative importance of the session, and relationship to current developments in the field of tourism and hospitality.
Technical specifications are:
- Electronic submissions only
- A maximum length of 500 words
- Written in English and free from grammar and spelling errors
- The abstract should include Title, Name(s) of author(s), Affiliations and E-mail addresses. Usually, however, only the lead author (first name) will be contacted
- Word 6.0 or higher (.doc or .docx)
- Single space within a paragraph; double space between paragraphs; text aligned flush left
- age margins of 1 inch, (2.54 cm) on all sides
- Use the lead author's name and a four-digit number of your choice as the file name (e.g., Schmidt 4012)
Abstracts should be submitted only via the official conference website/email:
and must be received by 26 February 2012.
Your submission will be acknowledged within 48 hours. If you do not receive an acknowledgement that your submission has been received, please contact [email protected]
We look forward to seeing you in Lausanne,
EuroCHRIE Board and the EuroCHRIE2012 Team
AGM Minutes & Agenda - Lyon 2019
News | October 2019
Lecturers in Hotel ManagementHotel Management School Maastricht
Jobs | November 2019
Launching: World Panel on Sustainability in Hospitality
News | September 2019
In Memory of Dr. Mathilda van Niekerk
News | August 2019
2019 EuroCHRIE Board ElectionsThe Results!
Elections | July 2019
Federation Meeting Agenda & MinutesNew Orleans 2019
#CHRIE19 | July 2019
EuroCHRIE University Challenge 2020
Education | July 2019
New Opportunities to Meet
Download the EuroCHRIE NewsletterJanuary 2019
Special Conference Edition