11 October 2017 | News
Register for EuroCHRIE University Challenge 2018
The annual EuroCHRIE University Challenge is offered to teams of students from member colleges and universities.
1. Students experience the same professional level management training used to build business acumen skills among lodging professionals around the globe. In doing so they consolidate the various elements of their academics; blend them with e-learning lessons, and apply them in a world class, real-time competition with other school teams. It is real–world learning.
2. Each participating student will receive a gold sealed certificate in Hotel Business Acumen, demonstrating the successful completion of an advanced application of their studies. These certificates are given very favorable recognition by recruiters.
3. In addition, each student member of the winning team will receive a cash award of €125 and their Instructor will receive €400 toward EuroCHRIE 2018 travel and accommodation expenses.
All e-learning and inter-school simulation competition will be held during the weeks beginning:
- February 12, 19, 26 March 5, 12, 19
Each week there will be a mandatory one-hour web conference on Wednesday.
In each of the weeks, students will complete:
- A 60 minute e-learning lesson in lodging acumen
- A 60 minute web conference with the online coach
- A 60 minute decision meeting to determine and enter the strategy and tactics for the next business quarter of their hotel.
Each team of 4 senior students and 1 instructor will be supported by an online industry coach using e-learning, web conference, and email.
The simulation competition uses the world’s leading lodging simulation, REVsim® heralded by thousands of hotel professionals around the globe.
Learning is as learning does. The simulation competition is an application of learning that takes business skills and mindset to a new level of understanding, strategic thinking, and tactical precision. Student teams operate their hotels in real-time and in direct competition with other teams. There is no artificial intelligence at work. All business outcomes are the result of the decisions made by all the hotels competing in a dynamic market.
There is a 50 short answer online quiz at the end of the Challenge to confirm certification level learning. It is designed to consolidate and confirm the learnings.
The “big win” is an opportunity for each participating student to add an extra level to their education, one that integrates course learning, and one that illuminates the business realities that lie ahead. And all of this… documented with a certification.
The team “win” goes to the hotel that produces the best Balanced Score Card, providing leading ratings in market performance, profit, return on equity, guest loyalty, and staff performance.
Registration is easy and is offered on a first-come basis. It is completed by the teams’ Instructor/Coach. Team member names can be added later. Simply email your name, telephone number, and school name and we will be in contact to answer your questions and complete the registration. Please start the registration by contacting Heidi Anaya at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hotel Paprika, The Hungarian Team
★★ 2017 WINNERS ★★
Photo: (in no order) Krisztina Menyhárt, Barbara Kovács, Réka Hajdú, Márton Szegezdi & Instructor: Klára Karakasné Morvay
"It is too hard to say anything simple about the competition, because it is too complex for just say ’nice’ and thats all. During this six weeks. we have gained both professional and personal development.
We got an insight how a real hotel management team works and how the decisions are made. Our analitical ability has improved considerably, just like the skill to work in group. We learned how to express our opinions and how to persuade the others about it, how to consider new ideas and how to give honest feedback without hurting each other. We also got a huge advantage in our professional life since we are studying hotel management and planning to work in the same area later on. With this certificate, experience and knowledge we can have a greater chance at working in a responsible position in one of the desired hotels of ours. We realized that using our theoritical knowledge in practice is the greatest thing that ever happened to us during our university carreer. We could be greatful for the international competitors and also for our teacher, because she was there if needed.
All of us are very thankful for the possibility of being a participant in this wonderful challenge!"
Director of Education - REDGlobal Group
EuroCHRIE Elections 2018
View the results!
EuroCHRIE Dublin 2018
Register your place now
Download the Spring 2018 NewsletterPublications | April 2018
4th EuroCHRIE University Challenge 2018 results in an exciting conclusionNews | May 2018
The EuroCHRIE Quarterly Top 5 RevPAR
Updated: April 2018
EuroCHRIE Nairobi 201723-26 October 2017
View the media wall
EuroCHRIE Awards 2017
View the results
Nairobi 2017 | 28 October 2017
AGM Minutes and Agenda
EuroCHRIE Nairobi 2017
Nairobi 2017 | 11th October 2017
Download the July 2018 issue of the CHRIE CommuniquePublications | 1st July 2018