NEWS: EuroCHRIE Awards 2016 Announced! Click here for details ›
Emerging Nations Pilot Program
ICHRIE has become an international organization with members from every continent in the World. At the same time, more and more hospitality and tourism faculty from emerging markets are searching to become a part of our international organization. The greatest challenge is the cost of their membership could equal a week's salary and that makes it impossible for them to join our organization.
After several conversations with the different Federation representatives, current members of ICHRIE, and from individuals from these emerging markets, the ICHRIE Executive Board has agreed to allow us to conduct a pilot test to recruit new members from emerging nations. I do hope that you will support this initiative that is both timely, as well as needed, to expand our international reach across the world.
The Membership Committee recommended to the ICHRIE Executive Committee to create an Emerging Market Category. The Executive Committee accepted our recommendation and, as of January 2012, Federations with emerging markets can offer special rates for Individual and Premium memberships.
Emerging Nations Pilot Program Details
- The Individual Membership rate is $50
- The Premium membership the rate is $500
- Individual Memberships under the program will only receive electronic support. Printed publications will not be provided
- This is a two-year pilot program and the Membership Committee will evaluate it at the end of every year
- The number of memberships eligible for this program are limited to only 10% of each Federation's current membership
- The program is only available to NEW members
The Membership Committee felt that the Federations themselves were in a better position to understand WHICH emerging nations should be included in the pilot program and as a result, over 160* countries were chosen as eligible as "emerging nations." The list of nations is posted on the ICHRIE website. We do anticipate these lists may grow in the coming months.
The program is already off to a promising start with serious interest in the program from four emerging nations: Mauritius, Philippines, Botswana and India! I would like to personally thank the Membership Committee, the Executive Committee, and the Federation leadership for supporting this important initiative. If you have any comments, questions or concerns, please contact me at cboger[at]uh.edu or call me at 01 (713) 743-2610.
I look forward in hearing from you. I value your opinion about this important initiative.
Director of Member Services,
ICHRIE Associate Dean of Academic Programs, University of Houston
A Message from the President
Posted: 27 August 2016
- Like EuroCHRIE on Facebook
Share, like and interact with us. Get the latest news & updates on your wall today!
- EuroCHRIE Newsletter - Spring / Summer 2016 Edition
Posted: 27 May 2016
- Renew your EuroCHRIE membership now!
Updated: 8 May 2016
- Photos from Experience EuroCHRIE 2015
Updated: 24 October 2015
- CHRIE Communique
September 2016 issue
Posted: 1 September 2016
- EuroCHRIE sign memorandum of collaboration with SPACE
Posted: 20 April 2015
- A Message from the Director of Marketing & Communications
Posted: 20 April 2015
- EuroCHRIE Keynote Speakers - View & Download Presentations
Updated: 19 October 2015
Post your job advert with EuroCHRIE
Rates start from just €100!
- Upcoming CHIA and HIFIA Train-the-Trainer Workshops
STR SHARE Center