REMINDER: Time to renew your membership! Click here for details ›
Hotelschool The Hague has an immediate vacancy for a:
Lecturer in Human Resource Management
Inspiring students how to solve management problems in the hospitality industry
You will join a multidisciplinary team of 65 faculty members working in a range of hospitality related business areas. The school community is international; both staff and students come from all over the world; however, the programme is taught completely in English. Hotelschool The Hague has an excellent reputation built up over 85 years, the result of the structured educational programme and the experience and quality of our staff and lecturers. You will join a dynamic, hardworking team of professionals in a challenging but friendly environment.
General Function Description
You are able to develop and teach courses that are closely linked to real-world hospitality management practice. You are a professional and motivating lecturer, encouraging both students and colleagues to achieve excellence. You are an active team player willing to cooperate and contribute to the school’s success. You are both coach and lecturer, with a multidisciplinary approach to business problems. You feel at home in a dynamic and international academic environment.
- a Master's degree with a major in Human Resources or equivalent, preference will be given to PhD;
- a great affinity with higher education, preferably teaching experience;
- a minimum of 4 years relevant work experience, preferably within a hospitality focused organization;
- considerable experience in HRM;
- an excellent oral and written command of English;
- excellent social skills, an ability to work independently, and a proactive attitude to problem solving;
- insights into and knowledge of current affairs and developments in (hospitality) management;
- excellent teaching and coaching skills;
- an enthusiastic approach to education with an emphasis on coaching students to deal with real-world professional assignments.
Depending on your professional experience and qualifications, your salary will be in line with the sector's collective agreement (CAO-HBO) at scale 11 with a gross salary maximum of € 4,125 per month. In addition, Hotelschool The Hague offers an excellent package of fringe benefits. a 13th month; employees with working weeks of 40 hours are entitled to 428 hours (53 days) of leave with retention of salary per calendar year; a retirement pension through ABP; excellent opportunities for further education; generous opportunities for sabbatical; the possibility to participate in collective (health) insurance.
You are willing to work at both school campuses in The Hague and Amsterdam. More information about the position is available from dr Judy Lundy, Lecturer, telephone 00 31 (0)70-3512481. Please click on the 'apply' button to send your application letter and CV, in English, to Mr T.T. Kusse, Human Resources Department before 10 October 2013.
Please visit our website: www.hotelschool.nl/en/about-us/work.
The first interview round will take place in calendar week 42.
Hotelschool The Hague
Hotelschool The Hague is a dynamic, international University of Applied Sciences with campuses in The Hague and Amsterdam. Hotelschool The Hague is entrepreneurial, business-like and quality-driven. Our faculty is professional, experienced and international; colleagues work together in small, cohesive teams. Our graduates can be found all over the world working in senior management positions in the field of hospitality.
- EuroCHRIE Newsletter - Conference Special Edition
Posted: 18 January 2016
- Call for Papers - Budapest 2016
Posted: 27 December 2015
- Photos from Experience EuroCHRIE 2015
Updated: 24 October 2015
- Renew your membership now!
View Membership Page
Updated: 29 January 2016
- Download Europe's RevPars
European Hotel Industry Performance (Dec 2015)
- CHRIE Communique
February 2016 issue
Posted: 1 February 2016
- EuroCHRIE University Challenge
Posted: 20 April 2015
- EuroCHRIE sign memorandum of collaboration with SPACE
Posted: 20 April 2015
- A Message from the Director of Marketing & Communications
Posted: 20 April 2015
- EuroCHRIE Keynote Speakers - View & Download Presentations
Updated: 19 October 2015
Professor of Business Administration with focus on Hotel Management (P/T)
SRH Hochschule Berlin
Post your job advert with EuroCHRIE
Rates start from just €100!
- Upcoming CHIA Workshops
STR SHARE Center